Grade 6 Team
Grade 6 Summer Letter
August 1, 2018
Dear Sixth Grade Student,
Welcome to the 6th grade! We are so excited to see you again! We are your 6th grade teachers: Mrs. Koban, Mrs. Groleau, Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Brophy, Ms. Kneeland, and Mrs. Weston. We are ready to get the school year started. The first day of school is Thursday, August 30th.
Email is the best way to connect your teachers. We want you to be successful this year. If you or your parents have questions or concerns during the school year, it is best to email the teacher or specialist involved.
Have you had time for Community Service this summer? You will need 10 hours of service in 6th grade. The forms are online on the SMS web site. You can carry over five extra hours from fifth grade. You may return completed summer forms to your advisor on the first day of school. Remember, 7.5 additional hours of community service can be carried over to 7th grade at the end of the year!
Helpful items to have in your pencil case:
- Simple calculator
- Colored pencils- very useful!
Supplies you do not need- your teacher will provide:
- Composition book for each subject
- Folder for each subject
Note: You will only need to bring a folder and notebook from home when you have Health.
Things to bring on the first day:
- Well-constructed and reinforced folder case like FiveStar or Caseit 2” zipper trapper keeper
- Water bottle
- Zippered pencil case- a must!
- A glue stick- large size
- Dry erase marker and eraser
- Eraser caps for pencils
- Pens- black or blue
- Colored highlighter set
- AR reading book
- Sneakers for PE
- A photo of you that fits in a 4×6 square for your “All About Me” Language Arts project
- Completed community service forms
- Lunch money to deposit if needed
Please email us with any questions. We are eager to hear from you and are looking forward to a great year!